Friday, August 24, 2007

Farewell, Lucy!


Everything happened so fast and I don't think I have accepted the fact until this point: Lucy doesn't belong to me anymore. Here is a picture I took rightly before seeing her off--see that license plate on the ground? At least I got to keep it myself to memorize Lucy, my first car in life.

They say the first is always the best, especially when you didn't end up with it. Perhaps. But I got so attached to her because she was with me through a difficult period of time, when I broke up with my ex-boyfriend. Many times I looked out of my window, the sheer fact of knowing she was there gave me comfort.

I did that many times last night and plenty of times this morning. I woke up several times last night thinking about her leaving. I haven't cried yet but we'll see...

At least I found her a good home. Like me, the lady fell in love with Lucy at first sight. She even offered me money before a test drive! She paints, grows her own vegetable, and she laughs when talking about how a dear ate her sunflowers...Intuition says I can trust her to take good care of Lucy. An extra bonus is she has a dog, so Lucy will definitely have fun that she didn't have with me.

Time for new adventures for both Lucy and me. In less then three weeks, I'll be leaving for Australia. Of course I have to defense first, and then let's see if I can get my Australian visa the day before I leave.

1 comment:

Selva said...

my goal was to drive 1000 kms north from Perth. Denham, the most western in Australia town (Byron Bay being the most eastern) is not really interesting, but it is a popular base for visits to nearby Monkey Mia with it's dolphins. The whole area however is scattered with sandy beaches and is a part of Shark Bay World Heritage area. I only got to see one dolphin there but I got to see a few of them in Perth CBD before that anyway. Yes, they swam right up to CBD. Cool stuff.