Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Animal art

I saw this blog post about food art, where the author (an artist himself!) pointed to us two types of art where fruit and vegetable used in creating the artwork.

This reminds me a couple of animal art I recently encountered.

Steven Kutcher paints with bugs! With degrees in both entomology and art, he has figured out how to maneuver bugs, which had been dipped in water color, to create some abstractism type of work. Not exactly my cup of tea but at least he didn't use oil paint, which would be a much painful shower for the poor bugs afterwards.

WWF's "Give a hand to wildlife" poster is definitely my favorite by comparison. Natural grains of a hand was incorporated as part of the animal--very cool! Here are a couple more, but I still think the elephant is the best!

No comments: