Sunday, August 17, 2008

On mixed-race children

Here is the link to an economic study: they found mixed-race children tend to be more attractive but also picked up bad habits of both the White (drinking e.g.) and the Black (watching TV) :(

I have to admit one of the top incentives for me to have a child is to see what MM and I can come up with :) MM has dark brown hair and brown-green iris (depends on the light) so he is not so foreign-looking for Chinese. But he got English, Irish, Jewish and of course bunch of other European genes from his ancestors so you never know whether blue-green eye color and reddish hair will pop out. I am 100% Chinese as far as I know, but I do have a relatively big nose and wide eyelids by Chinese standard. So MM's hypothesis is that I wasn't pure Han (the major ethnic group in China) and there might be some ethnic minority genes in my blood as well.

OK, imagine we put these two gene pools together--anybody wants to give it a try? It feels like a wild goose chase for me. Now understand where my curiosity comes from?

P.S. MM just mentioned my lips also have an interesting shape by Chinese standard.

No comments: