Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Irish soda bread in 45 mintues!

The is another recipe is from Mark Bittman's "How to cook everything vegetarian". I baked it at the same time with the egg-less cupcakes as they require similar temperature to make. The oven we have now has a function where two layers of things can be cooked at the same time. I like this feature a lot--save energy I assume.

This soda bread became our favorite lately. MM says it is very tasty and for me, it took much shorter time to make than yeast bread. Plus, no intense kneading is necessary! Normally I have to knead no stop 10 minute for yeast bread with my hands. Believe me, that is not a piece of cake. But for this soda bread, two or three minutes is plenty!

I made a big M when slashing the bread as you can see. Of course MM didn't notice it before biting into the bread. Sigh...

No comments: