Friday, April 11, 2008

Canberra food review II--Turkoz

Their decor is lovely, their service was great, their food was delicious, and even their chef is cute (in a traditional big and chunky way; we were the first there and caught the chef meditating in the empty dinning room). I only have one issue with the Turkish restaurant: their serving is too big!

My food came in a gigantic plate (the diameter is more a foot long!) and it piled with food that could serve a whole family, including rice, salad, lamb, a roasted potato, some steamed sweet potato and eggplant, AND about eight slices of bread! I was rather hungry that day, but I didn't even finish the meat and vegetable in my plate when I finished. MM also got quite a lot of food for his order though his plate was one size smaller.

To sum up,

Name: Turkoz
Location: Dickson
Price: OK, a bit expensive. Main dishes over $20. But if you can handle all the food they serve perhaps it is not such a bad deal.
Pros: Nice decor, good service, good food
Cons: Danger of indigestion
Peculiarity: A sign in lady's toilet says, "please push both buttons for flushing."
Whether go back soon: maybe, especially when MM is hungry

No comments: