Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Frozen pesto

I read this tip somewhere else but the most recent time it is from the French woman don't get fat. Left in the fridge normally pesto will still be good for a couple of weeks after being made, but after that it deteriorates fast/color gets dark etc. But you can preserve pesto for months if they are frozen. The most convenient way, is to use ice tray to make pesto cubes that are easy to disassemble.

I love pesto a lot and after harvesting my last patch of basil I made two trays out of my eight cup of leaves (with a bit of extra that we consumed right away of course). That was about three weeks ago and today I finally tried out my frozen pesto cubes.

Just like fresh ones!

They are also very handy especially for career women. A huge Greek salad and pasta with pesto made a quick but satisfactory dinner for us tonight, and it only takes 30 minutes to cook!

By the way, I also put honey in my vinegar-olive oil dressing, and it was a lot like the one I had at Bungendore Wood Work Gallery Cafe. We both like it.

No comments: